“Stayed up Late Doing Homework” Survival Kit
Luis Mejia
Students who attend, and have attended, IUSB know what it is like to stay up late into the night, because of homework. Time is a limited resource, which affects even those who have the best time management skills. Furthermore, students often have jobs as well, which makes finding time for homework a challenge. For example, I leave for work as soon as I get out of class, on a daily basis. Therefore, the only time I have to work on homework is nights, when I get home from work. Many students go, and have gone, through similar situations. Staying up late at night, because of homework is no easy task, but it can be done. Every student finds ways to alleviate the pain of not having enough time, and not getting enough sleep. Moreover, the objects that I turn to for help, on a daily basis, are peanut butter and jelly, coffee creamer, and alarm clocks.
I chose peanut butter and jelly, as one of my objects, because I eat it almost every day, well when school is in session. This is because peanut butter and jelly is affordable, can be ate at any time of the day, and is a quick and easy way to satisfy hunger. Other students prefer foods like ramen, mac and cheese, cereal, and any other food that is cheap and easy to make. Furthermore, the next object I chose was coffee creamer, as it is also an item that I use on a daily basis. College students often rely on liquids to get them through late nights of doing homework, as well as the mornings that follow. Coffee is a common liquid of choice for students who are seeking a fuel to keep them going. Which is why I chose coffee creamer, as the taste of black coffee is not suitable for everyone. Moreover, the last object I chose is an alarm clock, because I, and other students, use alarm clocks to ensure waking up in time for class, especially after staying up late. Alarm clocks are simple objects, nevertheless vital in lives of college students.
The objects that have I chose share a common trait, that I use them on a daily basis while school is going on. Which is why I associate the items with IUSB. The items also represent the history of IUSB, as each student has, and has had, their own items that they use in order to make it through the day. The objects I chose work for me, but there is a variety of items that other students rely on. Students do not have to face the daunting task of a night full of homework alone, as objects, such as peanut butter and jelly, coffee creamer, and alarm clocks, can be used to make it through a late night, and the following morning, successfully.
No comments:
Post a Comment