Graduation
Cap and Gown
Emily Hicks
A
cap and gown from graduation means a lot of things to me. When I look at a cap
and gown set I think of taking my walk across that stage at some point and
finally having my degree in my hands. It makes me think of how I have worked so
hard not to only get to college but to accomplish what I set out to do for
myself. A cap and gown means success because it will open doors for me which
were not there for me before I started my journey on this path.
It makes me
think of the life I’ll one day have beyond school where I will have met the
goal I set out for, that one day things will be different because I made them
different. A cap and gown also makes me think of being in the career that I worked
so hard to get to, that I won’t have to worry about my future or money or
anything like what I do now. Looking at a cap and gown means that I get to
celebrate for all that I have accomplished and to be proud of myself and to
look forward to what happens after college.
I believe that a
cap and gown connects very well to the overall theme of the exhibit. IUSB is a
college and that means we are all here for the same thing. People come here to
earn their degrees to move on to grad school or to start their careers after
graduation. Everyone is here because they are using IUSB as a way to gain what
they want in life. Everyone wants to graduate and earn a degree of some sort.
The meaning of
this exhibit was to find something that we felt as an individual represented
IUSB. A graduation cap and gown fit that very well because there are people
attending from all different areas and from many stages and circumstance in
their lives. The one thing that everyone has in common though is that they want
to earn what they set out for. Everyone is working hard at IUSB and at some
point everyone will get their chance to wear a cap and gown and earn their
degree if they keep working toward the goal they set. A cap and gown fits in
with the exhibit because it means getting to celebrate everything people worked
for while at IUSB.
No comments:
Post a Comment