Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Laptop Computer

Broken Ass Laptop
Malory Schmucker

            
I have chosen to do my exhibit on my extremely broken laptop. When I first started my collegiate career at IUSB, of course I needed a reliable laptop to help get me through. I was able to find one that worked for me and that was also in my price range. The first year and a half it was a pretty good investment and I had no problems with it. One day, I opened up my MSI laptop to find that the bottom right corner of the screen was starting to come apart. I did not see this to be a huge deal, since I was able to snap it back together. As my junior year was progressing, so was the progression of my breaking screen. The more times I had to use it, the further apart the screen was and eventually I was not able to snap it back together anymore. I finally got to the point that I had to leave my laptop and home, open, so I no longer had to open and close it anymore, which is what was truly causing it to come apart. 

Then, a day came where I had to take my laptop with me to a friend’s house to watch her son. I got over to her house, carefully opened it up and not only was the screen coming apart anymore, but the right hinge had come, well, unhinged. I managed to still get done with my assignment and had moved on to doing some housework for my friend and when I came back into the room where I had left my laptop, the boy that I was watching had closed my laptop for me, thinking he was doing me a favor. I cringed a little, but let it go. He did not know better. Once again, I had another assignment that I needed to work on, so again I open up my laptop, gently, but gently did not matter at this point anymore. Both hinges had broken off and I had buttons popping off where the hinges had come apart. My laptop was lying flat on my table, buttons beside it. Thinking that there was no hope for it anymore, I reluctantly hit the power button. It turned on as if nothing was wrong with it. I have not had the means of the money to go and get it fixed or replaced, but as I see it, there is really no need at this point. I have one semester left of school and it has not let me down yet. I will continue to use it until I no longer can.

No comments:

Post a Comment